Thursday, April 10, 2008

Guðmundur Helgi



Name: Guðmundur “Mundi” Helgi Harðarson
Age: I’m born on the 29th of november, 1989. That makes me an Earth Snake according to Chinese astrology.
Home: I live on a farm called Hagi in Grímsneshreppur county, but I rent a small apartment in Selfoss so I don’t have to wake up very early and drive to school. Hagi is about 40 km away from Selfoss. On the farm we have sheeps, cows, horses and a dog.
Family: I have the standard mom and dad, and then I have three siblings. My father’s name is Hörður “Höddi” Óli Guðmundsson and my mother’s name is Kristín “Stína” Jóhansdóttir. I’ve got two brothers, Jóhann Guðni (born ’93) and Elías Svanur (born ’98) and a sister, Kristrún Urður (born ’01).
Occupation: I work as a lifeguard in the swimming pool in Grímsneshreppur county.
Interests/Hobbies: My life practically evolves around football. I love to play it, watch it, talk about it and argue about it. I play with an amateur team called Hvöt in an amateur division called Sunnlenska deildin (Sunnlenska is one of the Southern-Icelandic newspapers and is the division’s main sponsor). I play as a supporting striker or a right winger.
My other passion is music. I play the guitar, bass and a little bit piano. I listen to almost every type of music and the only musical genre that I dislike is death metal.
I’m very much of a sport person and besides from football I like basketball, snowboarding, handball, golfing and swimming. I spend at least an hour a day at the gym.
I’m interested in China because it is so different from Iceland in almost every way - the language, culture, habits and history. I’d love to experience the atmosphere in China first hand and disprove all the emblems that we Icelanders have on Chinese people and culture.
Website: www.myspace.com/gudmh

No comments: